UPC Certificate for Early Childhood Teachers
Turn your passion for working with children into a career with the UPC Certificate for Early Childhood Teachers (UECE318).
The Certificate covers the fundamentals of childhood development and caring for children. You’ll gain the skills and expertise to provide quality education and care for children in a range of environments. Through classroom learning, eLearning and practical placement at Mother’s Touch Preschool & Daycare, you’ll learn to plan activities focused on children’s development. First aid included.
You will develop skills in:
- Effective interaction and communication with children
- Appropriate care for babies, toddlers and children
- First aid, health and safety
- Working legally and ethically
- Academic: 3 Advanced Level passes or MTIA Foundation Certificate in Children’s Services
- English: IELTS Score ≥5.5 or equivalent
Course contents: The course includes 11 core units and 7 electives (Download the list of subjects of the Certificate for Early Childhood Teachers)
Course duration: 6 months
- Face-to-face class: Saturday Morning
- Structured eLearning: Minimum 14 hours per week
- Practical Placement: 120 hours within course period
Assessment: Quizzes, assignments and logbook
Qualification and Transcripts: On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded:
- UPC Testamur and Transcripts of the Certificate for Early Childhood Teachers (UECE318)
Recognition in Australia: You can apply for recognition and workplace training (120 hours) to obtain fully recognised CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. (This can only be done when you are in Australia).
The CHC30113 is the minimum requirement to work in the early childhood education and care services in Australia.