UPC Diploma for Early Childhood Teachers (UECE518)
Gain the skills and qualifications to work at a high level in children’s services with the Diploma for Early Childhood Teachers.
You’ll develop skills in providing activities and care to children, with an emphasis on play-based learning. You’ll learn to facilitate learning and play to help children achieve developmental outcomes.
This practical course will prepare you to enter a rewarding industry where you’ll provide education and care to children during their most influential years.
It includes classroom learning, eLearning and practical placement at Mother’s Touch Preschool & Daycare. You will be a qualified early childhood teacher with skills and knowledge in:
- Childhood development (aesthetic, creative, physical)
- Planning for children with additional needs
- Networking and family partnerships
- First Aid, health and safety.
Entry requirements (Direct Diploma)*
- Academic: 3 Advanced Level passes or MTIA Foundation Certificate in Children’s Services
- English: IELTS Score ≥5.5 or equivalent
Course contents: The course includes 27 subjects (Download the list of units of competency for the Diploma)
Course duration: 15 months
- Face-to-face class: Two sessions a week (Weekday + Saturday)
- Structured eLearning: Minimum 14 hours per week
- Practical Placement: 240 hours within course period
Assessment: Quizzes, assignments and logbook
Transcripts and qualification: On successful completion of the course you will be awarded:
- Testamur and Transcripts of UPC Diploma for Early Childhood Teachers (UECE518)
Recognition in Australia: You can apply for recognition and workplace training to obtain fully recognised CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC). (This can only be done when you are in Australia).
Australian regulations requires 50% of childcare educators in a childcare centre to have the CHC50113 Diploma of ECEC or above.
Note: *Students who hold Certificate for Early Childhood Teachers will be exempted 11 subjects.