UPC Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care.
Turn your passion for working with children into a career with the UPC Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC).
The Certificate III in ECEC covers the fundamentals of childhood development and caring for children. You’ll gain the skills and expertise to provide quality education for children in a range of environments. Through classroom learning, eLearning and practical placements at Mother’s Touch Preschool & Daycare you’ll learn to plan activities focused on children’s development. First aid included.
You will develop skills in:
- Effective interaction and communication with children
- Appropriate care for babies, toddlers and children
- First aid, health and safety
- Working legally and ethically
- Academic: 3 Advanced Level passes or MTIA Foundation Certificate in Children’s Services
- English: IELTS Score ≥5.5 or equivalent
Course contents: The course includes 11 core units and 7 electives (Downlaod the list of units of competence for the Certificate III)
Course duration: 6 months
- Face-to-face class: Saturday Morning
- Structured eLearning: Minimum 14 hours per week
- Practical Placement: 120 hours within course period
Assessment: Quizzes, assignments and logbook
Qualification, transcripts and Certificate of Attainment: On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded:
- UPC Testamur of Certificate III in ECEC and Record of Results.
Recognition in Australia: You can apply for RPL and gap training to obtain fully recognised CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care in Australia.
The CHC30113 is the minimum requirement to work in the early childhood education and care services in Australia.