UPC Diploma in Early Childhood Education & Care Australia.
Gain the skills and qualifications to work at a high level in children’s services with a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
You’ll develop skills in providing activities and care to children, with an emphasis on play-based learning. You’ll learn to facilitate learning and play to help children achieve developmental outcomes.
This practical course will prepare you to enter a rewarding industry where you’ll provide education and care to children during their most influential years.
It includes practical placement at Mother’s Touch Preschool & Daycare. You will be a qualified early childhood educator with skills and knowledge in:
- Childhood development (aesthetic, creative, physical)
- Planning for children with additional needs
- Networking and family partnerships
- First Aid, health and safety.
Entry requirements (Direct Diploma)*
- Academic: 3 Advanced Level passes or MTIA Foundation Certificate in Children’s Services
- English: IELTS Score ≥5.5 or equivalent
Course contents: The course includes 27 units (Download the list of units of competency for the Diploma)
Course duration: 15 months
- Face-to-face class: Two sessions a week (Weekday + Saturday)
- Structured eLearning: Minimum 14 hours per week
- Practical Placement: 240 hours within course period
Assessment: Quizzes, assignments and logbook
Transcripts and qualification: On successful completion of the course you will be awarded:
- UPC Diploma of ECEC and Transcripts
- NRT Certificate of Attainment
Recognition in Australia: You can apply for RPL and gap training to obtain fully recognised CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care in Australia.
Australian regulations requires 50% of childcare educators in a childcare centre to have the CHC50113 Diploma of ECEC or above.
Note: * Students who hold Certificate III in ECEC will be exempted 11 units of competency.